Madha Medical College & Research Institute was established by Loordhu Ammal Educational Trust, Chennai in the year 2011 as a self-financing Christian minority institution for providing medical education, research and health care located at Kovur, 10 kms from Chennai International Airport. Madha Medical College & Research Institute is strategically placed within Chennai city well connected by road. The campus with its sophisticated Infrastructure & sports facilities impart state of the art education and an environment that helps in comprehensive development of the students into disciplined knowledgeable and humane doctors and healthcare professionals. Our Hospital caters to about 50 hamlets in surrounding area with advanced equipment’s and curated team of specialist doctors.
Madha Medical College and Research Institute Chennai
This College is affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and recognized by the NMC.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Madha Medical College and Research Institute Chennai.
|Name of Institute||Madha Medical College and Research Institute Chennai|
|Popular Name||MMCRI Chennai, Madha Medical College|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Year of Establishment||2011|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by: NMC
- Madha Medical College Central library with a covered area of 2400 sq feet containing 5000 textbooks, and journals with reading rooms for staff and students with internet and photocopying facilities.
- Total Books and Journals Details in Madha Medical College is 11024, in that number of Journals is 71, National Journals is 31 and International Journals is 40.
- In the External Library, Both the Internal Reading Section and External Reading Section totally have 300 Seats.
- E-Library Section having 40 seats (Computer and Internet connection)
- Staff Quarters Madha Medical College and Hospital Staff Quarters for the faculty are provided within the campus.
- Staff Quarters are provided with 24 hours water and electricity with generator backup.
Madha Medical College and Hospital having Separate hostels for both boys and girls and its available inside the campus itself.
- Hostel rooms are designed as double occupancy fully furnished with attached bathroom.
- Similarly Separate Mess facilities for boys and girls providing nutritious and palatable food.
- Transport facilities are provided by way of college buses for staff and students.
- Madha Medical College Hospital with its multi-specialty units and a team of highly dedicated and committed doctors in the different area of expertise renders remarkable service at Thandalam, Near Kovur.
- The Madha General Hospital is presently a 650 bedded hospital providing state of art medical care to a suburban population.
- Located at Kovur (Near Porur) on Kundrathur high road, it is well connected by road, providing easy access to the general public.
- It will be gradually updated to a 1500 bedded teaching hospital by April 2018, in accordance with the stringent norms of the MCI, New Delhi. 24-hour Trauma care, Emergency and Labor room Services, blood bank services, Surgical Care services and Laboratory Radiology Services and Pharmacy.
- Intensive care services, Antenatal services and postnatal services, Master health checkups, Immunization services, Health Camps and community services are also available.
Madha Medical College Hospital Operation Theater Complex contains 9 Major Operation Theater and 2 Minor Operation Theater.
- Health Centers – Primary Health Centers and Rural/Urban Health Training Centers PHC I (RHTC) – Kolathur located – 25 kms from the college and PHC II (UHTC)- Poonamallee located – 10 kms from the college.
How to Reach
- Madha Medical College and Hospital is located 10 kms away from Meenambakkam Airport Chennai.
- It is well connected by Pallavaram railway station and Tambaram railway station at a distance of 8 kms and 10 kms respectively.